Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just My Thing - a VIRTUAL March!

Moveon.org wants you to know:

On Thursday, February 1st - just days before the Senate votes on the escalation - there's going to be a massive virtual march on Washington. We're going to make 1 million contacts to Congress. Can you join us? Click below to sign up to call your senators.

http://pol.moveon.org/virtualmarch


I'm gonna be giving Ensign an earful. Well, I'll be giving some poor, hapless, relatively innocent staffer an earful. I don't suppose I'll have to encourage Harry Reid much - but I don't want to discourage him from calling a spade a freakin' shovel, either. Either it's intended to achive something - in which case it cannot help but be an escalation - or it's a pathetically futile gesture. Given the Bush Administration and the assclowns that have prospered under Rumsfield, it's undoubtedly BOTH an escalation and a futile gesture.

John Ensign, the Pretty Republican Senator from Nevada, is in a delicate position, put there by his Senate colleagues and our good friend NZBear's NRSC pledge.

Further, if any Republican senator who votes for such a resolution is a candidate for re-election in 2008, I will not contribute to the National Republican Senatorial Committee unless the Chairman of that Committee, Senator Ensign, commits in writing that none of the funds of the NRSC will go to support the re-election of any senator supporting the non-binding resolution.
I'm gonna be encouraging Sen. Ensign to tell the pledge signatories to go to hell. But I gotta tell you, it's SO tempting to suggest to him that he do exactly as they wish - not being a Republican myself.

You know, now that I think of it, I wanna give NZBear a big ol' hug! Oh, and guys, check out the pledge signatures by state: seems like there may be an awful lot of Democrats signing the pledge. That, or they are people such as our unlamented former defense secretary referred to as "dead-enders."

tag: , , , , ,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts