- A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul. – George Bernard Shaw
- America needs fewer laws, not more prisons. – James Bovard
- War is just one more big government program. – Joseph Sobran
- Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. – John Adams (1814)
- They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin
- One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation. – Thomas B. Reed (1886)
- If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all. – Jacob Hornberger (1995)
- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke
- The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates. – Tacitus
- Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. – George Washington
- No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session. – Mark Twain (1866)
- There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. – Robert Heinlein
- The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients. – Edmund Burke (1899)
- Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. – Thomas Jefferson
- The triumph of persuasion over force is the sign of a civilized society. – Mark Skousen
- A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson (1801)
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
From Libertarian Quotes:
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin Ironically enough, I had just finished crea...
(raw story) Hope Steffey's night started with a call to police for help. It ended with her face down, naked, and sobbing on a jail ce...
The epidemic of stupidity has placed western culture at grave risk; it threatens our health, our future, our survival as a species. So it&...
Nearly a year ago, rob at "Sayanything" spoke predictably and thusly: Abortion Battle Raging By rob on July 20, 2005 at 11:...
I'm tired of seeing the Black Screen of No. How about you? It begins thus... Op-Ed Columinst - The Bigots’ Last Hurrah - NYTimes.co...