Thursday, August 07, 2008

Custom Keds Create sensation, lag

Chuchill's Tommy Gun kedsshoe






Would you pay $65 or more for a pair of Keds? What if they looked like these?




I've been doing t-shirts and other products at various sites for years now, and I've never seen a swarm like the one Zazzle has had. They aren't talking about it, but if you try to do a shoe at peak hours - patience is your friend! Furthermore, every single pair is being reviewed by humans. Expect delays, and have pity on those poor humans, who are probably dreaming about being trampled by bad designs...

I don't often mention process here - this isn't generally that sort of blog. But it's my blog and I get to mention my little perseverations, especially when they have caused conspicuous gaps in posting.

Well, I needed an excuse, really. Trying to get a coherent political or ethical post out of my feeds for the last few days has been like putting lipstick on an inflatable pig. (Note to Self: T-SHIRT!!!!)

Well, then; time to do chores. This blog doesn't monetize itself! :P And that is how I literally stumbled across the new shoes. If zazzle sent out a notice about them going live, I missed it. By the time I got there, there were already hundreds, if not thousands of designs and several, if not dozens of entirely new stores.

And most - and I'm gritting my teeth saying this - are seriously competitive with MY designs!



I abhor false modesty; I'm good. I'm professional grade good. But I'm not in the same league as professionals who do nothing else - and it's clear that this product has attracted a good selection of truly hardcore graphic artists and designers. The results are stunning and I'm going to have to ramp up my game just to get noticed!

Image credits:

Chuchill's Tommy Gun
by webcarve

Hills Shoe - Wearable Artwork by Seaclans
by Seachild001

Design your own custom shoes on zazzle.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts