Monday, May 18, 2009

Dawn of the Braindead

Oh, it's not you, it's me. Really. And by brain-dead, I'm in a place today where I just don't want to think about current affairs or human events. Why?

Well, let's look at what's hot on digg.

Michael Chertoff - even more of a scumbag than we had thought.
Alan Keyes - see above, batshit crazy and STILL thinks he should be President. Worse, people listen!
Don Rumsfield - Turns out his main field of competence was appearing competent, while sabotaging the efforts of those who might make him look bad by having actually done their jobs.

That's just the result of a simple scan of ONE source. Any of these stories would serve me well in pointing out the obvious - that when someone fucks up publically in a way that indicates inability or unwillingness to act ethically, it's very likely NOT an isolated event, nor is it a "partisan" act to point out that certain uncorrected behavior traits lead to bad acts. Making such observations - over and over and over again - make me understand the enduring popularity of Bruce Cockburn's "If I Had A Rocket Launcher" [Links to Amazon MP3 Downloads]


But today, rather than slogging away to point out the obvious - again, in the dour expectation that if noticed at all, I will be complemented on my "novel and remarkable insight," I shall instead blow shit up in Star Pirates. It's more satisfying and it actually feels like I'm accomplishing something.

Yes, we all need our little illusions. Care to join me? We can take over the solar system!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts