Sunday, September 17, 2006

Nevada Muslim leader to Jehadis: "Bring it On!"

Kill Us, Too: We Are Also Americans - altmuslim.com: "

Come and get me

Photo courtesy altmuslim.com
The leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, recently issued a decree to its supporters: Kill at least one American in the next two weeks "using a sniper rifle, explosive or whatever the battle may require."

Well, Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, I am an American too. Count me as the one of those you have asked your supporters to kill.

I am not alone, there are thousands of Muslims with me in Las Vegas, and many more millions in America, who are proud Americans and who are ready to face your challenge. You hide in your caves and behind the faces of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. You don't show your faces and you have no guts to face Muslims. You thrive on the misery of thousands of Muslim youth and children who are victims of despotism, poverty and ignorance.
And he goes on; a fine Jeremiad it is, too, and all the more true for being utterly true. The whole article and the discussion that follows is worth your time.

Furthermore, everything he says applies with equal force and accuracy to funnymentalism across the board, be it Jewish, be it Islamic, be it Christian or be it any other.

When I use the term "funnymentalism," I don't use it so much as an insult to "fundimentalist" sects of various world religions as I do to distinguish between those who have rigid doctrinaire beliefs that they use to distinguish themselves and those who have rigid, doctrinaire beliefs they wish to impose on others. The overlap is great enough that I feel that if you still feel insulted - then I'll admit I meant to do that.

I consider Osama Bin Ladin a "funnymentalist" in exactly the same sense as I consider Pat Robertson a "funnymentalist." Indeed, I consider the difference in religion irrelevant; to both, religon is a means to an end, an end that has more to do with power over the minds and access to the wallets of supporters than any actual Godly purpose.

In fact, I'm sure that if the Church of Satan were socally dominant, they would both be High Priests of Satan.

The most dangerous sort of "funnymentalist" is the person who has lost their faith - but not their taste for restricting the choices and judging the actions of others. You will find these people at all levels of society, always too busy criticising or trying to restrict the actions of others to make a positive thing or change in this world.

Years ago, in regard to this question, I asked myself, "What would Jesus do?" That's when left off being religous in any sense - as it struck me that Jesus spent very little time being religous, and had very little positive to say about the religous people and the religion of his heritage. So in his footsteps, I walked away.

I find that religion gets in the way of my faith.

But for those who still need religion as an adjunct to faith - I always advise practicing safer sects.

tag: , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts