Monday, November 17, 2008

Culture War? Bring it on, Newt!




Media Matters:

Gingrich: "[T]here is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us"

Summary: Discussing actions by individual protesters of Proposition 8, Newt Gingrich stated: "I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion."



ECHIDNE OF THE SNAKES:
"So the hordes of darkness want to impose their values on all right-thinking religous people? Like the value of letting those hordes of darkness get married? How is that imposing on some totally separate people?

In Newt Gingrich's world nothing distinguishes 'you telling me how I should live' from 'me telling you that you shouldn't determine how I live'. They are symmetrical values. And anyone telling him that he shouldn't butt into other people's private lives is a fascist.

Of course Newt Gingrich preaching people on morals is always good for laughs."

ME; writing at Zazzle.com for a new product section. Sometimes I blog there first. There are two reasons for that; first, this is how I support my blog.

Second - it's a way of reaching people that would never, ever read my blog, by catching their eye with a compelling graphic. The more popular my designs become, the more exposure they get, the more people see them and the more impact I make.

I have some hope that money will follow impact. But the impact needs to happen first. So if you want to help out in this, my mission; buy something, or just visit this site and add a star rating to these culture war products.

Culture War

We are currently experiencing a vicious cultural war. You can see it here on Zazzle in graphic terms. In personal terms you lived through a major battle between the forces of the Religious and Cultural right versus ... well, versus everyone else. It's a fight to the last ditch to impose a narrow, superstitious, Wasillian, Christofishian, moralistic worldview on everyone, for no particularly good reason, other than to validate that worldview. After all, if nobody is permitted to dissent, or even learn that there are gigantic gaping moral, ethical, religious, spiritual, economic and humane exceptions to the rules they wish to make YOU live by. As for them? "They" consider the rules to exist to control the behavior of OTHER people.

People like "them" have the informal but very real view that if a crime is not prosecuted, it never happened. People like "them" are not "criminals," so therefore, people that know "them" - like the mayor, the sheriff, the town council, the local prosecutor - will know that the "R" after their name and the chrome fish on their SUV means that they are different, exceptional and special; to be rewarded for their good work on the front lines with a free pass when they venture into the gray areas in the dead of night. "Oh, ye hypocrites!"

For myself, I believe that we should eliminate inappropriate shame and guilt. I absolutely abhor those who secretly indulge it while publicly exploiting and condemning others for advantage. By their fruits, ye shall know them. Economically, socially, politically, ethically and practically speaking - how do you like THESE rotten apples?




buy unique gifts at Zazzle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts