Friday, August 13, 2010

Let Them Stand In All Their Awesome Majesty

Courtesy Derp.com
I just noticed I hadn't posted here for several days. It's not because I haven't been blogging; I've been writing at Politicususa. It's a very liberal blog and I'm trying to be the moderately profane voice of reason.

Aside from that, I'm still recovering from a move and that always leaves me flatter than a pancake for several weeks. But I have been paying attention to the news, and a number of things have struck me as being worth making a record of, as timeless indicators of our time. In other words, if I need to explain the following links, I'm not sure it would be worth the time it would take me to write, or you to read.

So Let These Stand In All Their Awesome Majesty

Radicals behaving radically...
"UNBELIEVABLE - Don't you people understand this is just what everyone expected and were waiting to happen!!!," one upset tea partier commented to Cucci's post. "Now everything we have fought so hard to accomplish will be wiped out by one headline 'Tea Party in Maine Eats It's Own'"
None dare call it "Jesuetical."
A Catholic "scholar" attempts to create an algebraic proof of the inferiority of homosexual marriage. 

E=MC2 is a liberal conspiracy to promote "relativism", according to a Conservapedia entry.
In the entry, "Counterexamples to Relativity," the authors (including Schlafly) write:
The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world.[1]
To what does that reference lead? Why, a note by Schlafly:
See, e.g., historian Paul Johnson's book about the 20th century, and the article written by liberal law professor Laurence Tribe as allegedly assisted by Barack Obama. Virtually no one who is taught and believes relativity continues to read the Bible, a book that outsells New York Times bestsellers by a hundred-fold
Meanwhile, somewhere on the Road To Damascus...
"How my G.O.P. destroyed the U.S. economy." Yes, that is exactly what David Stockman, President Ronald Reagan's director of the Office of Management and Budget, wrote in a recent New York Times op-ed piece, "Four Deformations of the Apocalypse."

Bob Inglis Regrets the strategy now...
GOP Politician Confirms What Was Long Suspected: Republicans Intentionally Feed the Racism, Anger, and Paranoia of the Far Right
And then there was the digg censorship scandal and the increasing drumbeats for war against Iran, against all common sense and military wisdom.

I picked these links more or less at random, from things I'd dugg and stumbled. They all go to illustrate why for a while, the very idea of writing a coherent post on why any or several of these things are Bad just makes me Too Tired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts