Monday, April 17, 2006

Proof of life in Kansas?

This came in the mail for me today; from one of those joke networks. The images come courtesy of someplace called "funthumb.com." Oh, note the sigline quote. It reminds me why I had that brief intellectual fling with e.e. cummings back in college. I think it may well become a new site tagline.

The reason I pass this on is not because it's funny - it's not all that funny. I pass it on as evidence of one of two possiblities; the rediscovery of a sense of humor in middle America, or a new trend of Godless Liberal Subversion, to which I can only bow in awe.

These "forwarding networks" are - or were, pretty much the domain of the right wing and tended to be reinforcers of deep skepticism of those they thought to be "in control" of the levers of power. That used to be liberals. So either some liberals have managed to penetrate the network - if not the skulls - of the hardcore news-avoidant, or they have figured out, finally, that the "liberals" are in fact George Bush et al.


One day, about a month ago, the president was looking for a call girl. He found three such ladies in a local lounge - a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead.
To the blonde he said, "I am the President of the United States... How much would it cost me to spend some time with you? The blonde replied, "Two hundred dollars."
To the brunette he posed the same question, and she replied, "One hundred dollars."
He then asked the redhead the same question. The redhead replied, "Mr. President, if you can raise my skirt as high as my taxes... get my panties as low as my wages... get that thing of yours as hard as the times... keep it as high as the gas prices... keep me warmer than my apartment... and... screw me in private the way you do in public, then believe me Mr. President, it ain't gonna cost you a cent."




"To be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." -e.e. cummings-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts