Criteria for Staff Personality Disorder
Staff Personality Disorder 601.83
A pervasive pattern of condescension, degradation of others, and controlling behavior beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
- Condescending or degrading use of body language, vocal inflection, and behavior.
- Presentation of two or more markedly different personality styles based entirely on context.
- Persistent protection of people in positions of power even if such people have done something unethical or illegal.
- Employment in one of the "helping professions", or other situations in which a person has or can secure power over others.
- Rigidity in application of rules and explanations to other people
- Persistent or stereotyped use of euphemisms, jargon, deceptive language, and double standards in language
- Persistent use of degradation, ridicule, and violence, either gratuitously or grossly out of proportion to the situation
See also Rumsfeld, Donald.
From the Guardian Via the Taipai Times and no doubt providing vast amusement to the globe as a whole:
Rice was under pressure to explain her "tactical errors" remark. Rumsfeld was withering in his response, suggesting she did not understand warfare.
"I don't know what she was talking about, to be perfectly honest," he told a radio station in Fargo, North Dakota, earlier this week. "The reality in war is this ... The enemy watches what you do and then adjusts to that, so you have to constantly adjust and change your tactics ... If someone says well, that's a tactical mistake, then I guess it's a lack of understanding ... of what warfare is about."
Oh, no, what ivory-tower Doctor of History could possibly know anything about warfare? Silly woman.
As much as I dispise Condi as "Evilwoman", I am pissed that she put up with this. She's twice as qualified as Rummie. Not that she'd be my pick for secdef, because being twice as qualified as Rummie to be SecDef is still utterly unqualified to - oh, assocate with other human beings, breathe or make a defensible value judgment between the utility of butter vs margerine.
For myself, I'd like a non-evil, non-buttkisser. Her best qualification is that she's not a republican male and therefore not so subject to testosterone poisoning.
Me, I'd suggest Cindy Sheehan. She's actualy perosnally known one soldier, and has spent some time in a ditch, so she's four times as qualified as both together.