"Fruit Salad" Diamond Ring
Originally uploaded by diamond_girl_77.
I dropped by Payperpost this morning and to my delight found something that promised some comic relief.
I don't care WHERE I find things like this, the insights into human nature they represent are useful - and tragicomic. Of all the things in the universe you would think people would be careful not to screw up, it would have to be buying a diamond engagement ring. Three months salary is a severe chunk of change for most of us - even if we card it.
But there's some amazingly stupid people out there! Every business person has a list just like this...
Top ten hints your engagement might be doomed:
Is your engagement headed for the rocks?
If you are guilty of one of the following there is a chance your engagement might be doomed. We have compiled this top ten list from real life examples that we hear quite often in our line of work at the jewelry store.
10. You proposed after she moved out.
9. You maxed out your credit cards to buy her engagement ring while saying “she’s not into material things.”
8. You bought her a CZ (Cubic Zirconia) thinking she’ll never know.
7. You’re 60 and she’s 20.
6. You proposed while drunk and promised to buy the ring later.
5. You asked out the sales lady who was helping you with your engagement ring purchase.
4. She wanted a round diamond and you bought a marquise because you like it better.
3. You offered to pay for breast augmentation instead of a ring.
2. You got to know her while dating her mom.
1. She finds out you are already married.
And you thought hairdressers knew it all!
Now, some day I've gotta go down to one of the Reno wedding chapels and seek out some more stories, but I bet you that they will sound pretty much like these. I mean, Nevada is the CAPITAL of Doin' it for the Wrong Reasons. We are the nexus of heterosexual sin. Hell, son, we can get Elvis to marry you and your pregnant bride!
So I'm sure There Are Stories. But when diamonds, the symbol of permanence and eternal commitment are involved, it's just that much more significant.
The picture is courtesy of J.R.Dunn's flickr stream - and would you believe, they have not ONE engagement ring featured?
I guess they think it might just be bad luck or something.
tag: diamond engagement rings, diamonds, funny engagement stories, jewelers, fashion jewlery, J.R. Dunn