Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Obama-Lama-Ding-Dong! T-shirt from Zazzle.com



ZIPPY! Omg, I haven't seen a Zippy comic since.... Oh Ghod, I'm old.

Anyhoo, Bill Griffith is still alive and his lines are even sharper and crisper than they were back in the day, when he was taking on Nixon. It was a little strange out then por moi but I'm pretty sure Bill was one of my major influences - as much as a writer as a comix artist. He, and other underground artists of the day were the truthtellers of my youth, working in one of the few mediums where you could tell the truth and get away with it. And even though everything has changed - some things seem all too familiar.

Oh, Ghod, I'm old!

Obama-Lama-Ding-Dong! T-shirt from Zazzle.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts