Thursday, November 02, 2006

Impeach him. Impeach him now.

I'm not much of a joiner, but I've just joined up here, with the Impeach Bush Coalition.

Why? Well, it was a confluence of events. I'm pretty sick about Democrats and Progressives equivocating about impeaching George Bush - the only President, in the words of James Dean, to admit to an impeachable offense. If you do not wish to be rid of him for the stupidity, say I, bid him farewell for the incompetence.

And there is enough outright fuckuppery, cronyism, incompetence, malfeasances and injustice - not to mention the vote-rigging and the looting of the treasury to outrage even a pretty hard-line Conservative.

But this is nothing new for me. It was seeing the box on "and yes, I DO take it personally" that tipped me over the edge, beside a post that said this:

it's driving me crazy that the full gravity of what is happening in the u.s. is still not sinking in... yeah, there are liberals and progressives working their fingers to the bone to bring about a change next week... yeah, that's a good thing... but a lot of those same people still haven't fully gotten their minds around the fact that we're dealing with pure evil... there is nothing that these people won't do to win, and that includes rigging the election... i will have to ask friends to apply physical restraints if i have to sit there and listen to pundits explain how the bush team "engineered a dramatic come-from-behind win..." the physical restraints will be to prevent serious harm to both myself and those around me...
Both they and I are Nevadans, and we are dealing with the same evils: Jim (the bitch tripped me) Gibbons and John (Cripple Kicker) Ensign.

Our chosen candidates are either to wily in a political sense or personally too nice to say what needs to be said, but there it is. I've been saying it for some time: By their fruits you will know them.

I haven't studied religion, ethics and morality for most of my life to be unsure of my stand here. Anyone who is THIS wrong, for THIS long, with such obviously harmful outcomes is evil - or so close that you pretty much need to chop down their treehouse anyway.

tag: , , , , ,

1 comment:

profmarcus said...

i just read your comment, visited your submission on the huffpo, and am now reading your weblog... coincidentally, when i am in the u.s., i live with my son and his family in reno, and will be returning there for the holidays the middle of this month... it might be fun to meet for coffee or something while i'm there and we can share perspectives... you can email me through my blog...f

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts