Thursday, March 23, 2006

LJDrama Escapes from Confinement! Conservative Hissy Fit Ensues!

Duncan Black Explained:

Atrios writes:

“Jeff Goldstein Explained”

WaPo:

Abrahams, who has a vast knowledge of improbable scientific literature, compares Gier’s work to that of two Cornell scientists who showed that one attribute of extreme incompetence is “that the person so afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent.” The study, titled “Unskilled and Unaware of It,” demonstrated that people who scored, on average, at the 12th percentile in tests of humor, grammar and logic assessed themselves to be, on average, at the 62nd percentile. Incompetence at the extreme is a double-whammy, the authors declare: “Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."


...All of which is just Duncan’s roundabout way of saying that I’m too stupid to realize how terribly stupid I am—and that my analyses are so rife with error that the sheer abundance of my own mistakes seduce me into believing (and advocating) my own blinkered idiocy.

To which there can be but one reply:

CHIMPY IS TEH SUXOR! OPEN THREAD!

Posted by Jeff Goldstein @ 04:36 PM
0 Trackbacks • Email this"

Hey! Wait a minute!
Does that mean he thinks your readers are stoopid, too?
Well. Does it?

harrison | permalink
on 03/18 at 05:02 PM
Yeah, pretty much. And so do his readers. Alone, that would be no great shucks, but they post facts and links to facts that they manipulate in ways they understand.

And the posters at Eschaton are generally respectful of the odd bit of trollery.

On the other hand, you react like this to a comment on another board, mentioning the dry skewering Atrios gave you.

Off topic, but just thought I’d point out how those I am gracious enough to allow to comment here unmolested treat me when my back is turned.

Today’s subject: tristero, who (let’s face it) has the intellect of a gibbon, though he clearly fancies himself a brilliant debunker of lockstep winguttery. In fact, his post
(as seen on Digbysblog) —Loven stole HIS idea about the strawmans, we’re told / and Atrios was exactly right that I’m an idiot who doesn’t realize my own idiocy (a pronouncement, incidentally, that can only be made by one who assumes he is far more intelligent than the object of his scorn, which position essentially deconstructs the study in the Atrios post tristero fellates, or else proves it to his detriment, I’m not sure which)—is par for the course with these bandwidth sucking cocklords. You allow them to stay and say their piece, and they interpret that as a “right” that you now owe them, and they then take that as an invitation to start helping themselves to things in the fridge, or slipping a finger up your dog’s asshole, etc.

Well, sorry, but that ain’t my thang. These fucktards want to take shots at me on their own sites, they can have at it. But from now on, they can keep it there, or they can bitch about me on sites I don’t give a shit about anyway.

What they can’t do is take pot shots at me on other sites, then slather some peanut butter on their joints and show up here hoping to help themselves to a quick hummer from my dog.

So goodbye to tristero. And there will be others, as well. I won’t let this place turn into the cesspole Cole nurtures.

And seriously, what did tristero offer here? He’s a mouthpiece for lib-Dem talking points, from the few posts of his I read, and I have more interesting conversations with beets and sea monkeys than I ever could with someone who is so bent on getting noticed by Atrios that he’s already committed to sing a Katrina and the Waves cover at the next Eschacon—while wearing nothing but one of those bitchin’ Che berets.

As a person who has long since hung up his flamex3000 and put his artful flame trophies into storage, I gotta tell you - that reaction is the wet dream of artful trolls. Public temper-tantrums with a withdrawal of commenting priviliges. Son, you are Pure Comedy Gold.

Tristero, Atrios and all interested observers will be mocking you for days now.

Here's one comment I selecte because, well, I'm fairly sure you will comprend it and you certainly cannot complain that it's uncouth.

Translation:

Right-wing blogger pundits such as Jeff Goldstein, Ann Althouse, the boys at Powerline, et al. are like dogs:

When they are licking their own balls, they are completely unaware how ridiculous it looks.

For myself, I observe that the Usual Suspects on the right tend to exhibit a rather low standard of wit and an entirely undeserved opinion of their collective and individual wisdom. While I consider myself deeply conservative in a number of ways - I don't feel the need to prove it by wasting my time with people who insult my intelligence.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts